Monday 4 August 2014

Upgrading to ePO 5.1.1 - Where is the Patch file?

After receiving the much awaited SNS Notice announcing that (ePO) 5.1.1 is now available...... where do I get it from.

I looks like we have been struck by the usual issues from McAfee with different product teams uploading the patches to different places.

After visiting the 'Product and Solutions' page, entering my Grant number, visiting the ePO 5.1 Management Solutions page and browsing the 'Patches' tab.... its not there. So where have McAfee put the ZIP file?

After some digging, and vaguely remember I have had this issue in the past, lets try logging into my Support Portal (which you have to sign up for independently of receiving your grant letter). Lets go to Patches and Downloads, same place as logging in with my Grant number right? Nope Wrong!

This takes you to the 'Full Products Downloads and Updates'. Under the Patches Section, filter the list to ePolicy Orchestrator, and Ta Dah, the ePO 5.1.1 patch can be downloaded.


4 comments: